“Your first or second most valuable asset is probably your car.”
Moving vehicles can be a challenge if not properly planned ahead of time. If there is even a chance that you will want to include vehicles in your move, tell your La Rosa Del Monte representative at the time of the estimate. These large items should definitely not be left as a last minute addition. They require special handling and planning.
'Vehicle Shipping Guidelines' for a Safe Vehicle Relocation
- Your vehicle must be in working order. If it is not, additional fees or methods may apply.
- You must advise us of any modifications made on your vehicle such as 4x4 lift kit, camper shell, vehicle lowered, etc.
- If Your vehicle exceeds 7’ in height. Please inform your customer service agent ahead of time.
- Your vehicle must have a minimum of 4” ground clearance to be safely loaded and unloaded.
- We must have a working phone number where you can be reached throughout the duration of your vehicle relocation.
- Transit times will vary depending on the time of year, the origin and the destination of your particular move. Your estimated transit time will be indicated by your customer service agent.
Car Inspection Requirements
- You or your designated representative must be present for the inspection at the time of pick-up and delivery.
- You or your designated representative must sign the bill of lading and condition report at both origin and destination.
- You or your designated representatives are responsible for confirming your vehicle’s condition. This must be done before the driver leaves the destination.
- Damage will be noted by our representative on the bill of lading at origin. In the unlikely event there is additional damage on delivery, it will be noted by our representative on the bill of lading.
Preparing Your Vehicle for Relocation
- The vehicle must have no obvious fluid leaks.
- Your battery must be secure in the mounting bracket.
- The vehicle must be clean for inspection. A dirty vehicle decreases the ability to perform a quality inspection.
- The gas tank must have a minimum of 1/8 tank of fuel, but no more than 1/4 tank of fuel.
- All alarm systems must be disconnected, disabled, or turned off.
- Radios, cassette decks or CD players not built in, car phones, garage door openers, and E-Z pass must be taken out.
- All antennas must be fully retracted or removed.
- All personal belongings must be removed. (except standard vehicle items such as the jack and spare tire)
- All exterior spare tire covers, grill covers, or car covers must be removed.
- Plants and hazardous materials are forbidden by law to be transported.
- One set of ALL keys for the vehicle must be provided.
- Non-permanent luggage racks, bike racks, or ski racks must be removed.
- Your vehicle must be prepared for the new climate. This may include engine coolant, transmission oil, and other fluids.